www.ninewest.co.uk "Website" is a site which is operated by Nine West UK on behalf of Kurt Geiger Ltd, 24 Britton Street, London EC1M 5UA ("we", "us", "our").
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0) 207 781 7482 (Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm, Sat-Sun 10am-6pm).
For the purpose of the applicable data protection legislation, the data controller is Kurt Geiger Ltd, 24 Britton Street, London EC1M 5UA. Kurt Geiger’s registration with the Information Commissioner is Z6823882.
By submitting any personal information to us (either when you use this Website or visit any of our stores), you consent to the use of information as set out in this policy.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes before entering any personal information. If you submit any personal information after this policy has been changed, such personal information will be subject to the terms of the updated policy. This policy is effective from May 2011.
In general, you can use this Website without giving us any information. However, additional services may be available if we have certain information about you.
We may collect the following information:
- account registration information including your name, telephone number, postal address and email address;
- billing information, transaction and credit card information (should you make a purchase with us);
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our products which you provide us with through your Facebook or Twitter accounts; and
- information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our products and contact preferences in order to provide you with further correspondence about our products and services.
- Additionally we use this information to contact you via email, post, SMS and phone.
Please note that any information you choose to share via your Facebook or Twitter accounts will [in addition] be subject to the privacy policies of each of those websites; http://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.php and http://twitter.com/privacy respectively.
We use this information to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- to improve our products and services;
- to communicate with you by email, telephone or post if you have ordered or purchased products from us, either regarding the order or purchase or other matters regarding transactions between us or your customer relationship or account (if you have one) with us;
- if you have purchased a product from us, you will be placed on the Kurt Geiger mailing list and will receive periodic mailings by post from us (if you do not wish to receive periodic mailings by post please contact Customer Relations at email@example.com or on +44 (0) 207 781 7482 to let us know, and you will be removed from our mailing list. You may also visit your account details to change your communications options. Click here to log in to your account.;
- to contact you by email, telephone, SMS, MMS or post according to your preferences, in order to share information with you about our products, services and events that may be of interest to you;
- to contact you for market research purposes, if you have not objected to such use. Please note that you can object to the use of your data for market research purposes at any time. To do so please contact Customer Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0) 207 781 7482 to let us know. You may also visit your account details to change your communications options. Click here to log in to your account;
- we may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them; and/or
- to track details of your visits to the Website [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
We will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order
process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you
consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided
by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of
that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit
check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by
you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
As above, we would like to provide you with information about new products, promotions, special offers and other information which we think you may find interesting. Where you have consented to us doing so, we may send you such information by postal mail and telephone, unless you have registered with the appropriate Preference Service. If you purchase a product from us we may retain your address for future mailings. If you do not want your information used for direct marketing purposes at any time, please contact Customer Relations at email@example.com or on +44 (0) 207 781 7482 to let us know, and we will not send you any direct marketing. You may also visit your account details to change your communications options. Click here to log in to your account.
We would also like to provide you with the information above by email. However, we appreciate that email "spam" has become a problem in recent years.
If you are a customer or you have previously asked us for information on our products:
- Inform you of Nine West offers that may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. As well as notify you of events that may be happening in a store close to you.
- We may contact you regarding your purchase or other matters regarding transactions between us or your customer relationship or account (if you have one) with us; and
- We may also use your email address to share information about our products, services and events that may be of interest to you by way of Kurt Geiger informational emails, unless you have asked us not to do so.
Otherwise, when you provide us with personal information, we will ask you whether you would like us to send you Kurt Geiger Ltd informational emails.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us, please click on the unsubscribe link in the email. Alternatively, you may at any time contact Customer Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 24 Britton Street, London EC1M 5UA or on +44 (0) 207 781 7482. You may also visit your account details to change your communications options. Click here to log in to your account.
We will not transfer or disclose your personal information to third parties other than to:
- the suppliers we engage to help us run our business;
- a purchaser or potential purchaser of our business,
Given that Kurt Geiger is an international company and owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, this process may include sending personal information to other countries, whose data protection laws may not be as extensive as in the European Economic Area. However, we have taken appropriate steps to ensure the same level of protection for the processing carried out in these countries as within the European Economic Area. Please see the section on ‘Security and storage’ below.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 at any time. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Customer Relations at email@example.com or 24 Britton Street, London EC1M 5UA SE1 3XF, quoting your name and address.
We should be grateful if you would also provide brief details of the information of which you would like a copy (this helps us to more readily locate your data). We may require proof of your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you. We will charge ten  pounds to cover the administration costs involved in providing you with a copy of your information.
If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, or you wish to have your details removed from our contact database please write to Customer Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 24 Britton Street, London EC1M 5UA as soon as possible, quoting your name and address. We should be grateful if you would also provide brief details of the information which you would like to be corrected (this helps us to more readily locate your data). We will correct or update any information as soon as possible.
Alternatively, you may correct any inaccuracies in the information you have provided to us by signing in to your online account. Click here to log in to your account.
Please remember that the Internet is not a secure medium. Communications over the Internet, such as emails/webmails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered - this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on line. We use industry standard encryption technologies when collecting or transferring customer credit card information exchanged with our Website server - All your card details are passed from your browser to our secure payment gateway using secure server software (ssl) encryption. Our payment gateway provider use secure server software (ssl) encryption systems. All other information transfer is conducted through a secure phone line.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We may link to other websites which are not within our control. When we do this, we will try and make it as clear as possible that you are leaving our Website. We are not responsible for these websites in any way. Once you have left our Website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question, contacting the owner or operator of such website if you have concerns or questions.
Please note that any information you choose to share via your Facebook or Twitter accounts will [in addition] be subject to the privacy policies of each of these websites; http://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.php and http://twitter.com/privacy respectively.
- Record your session information (such as the particular Products you purchase from our Website);
- Record your specific information on the web pages you select to view; and
- Retain your answer to our question regarding residency.
You can, should you choose, disable the cookies from your browser and delete all cookies currently stored on your computer. On Microsoft Internet Explorer, this can be done by selecting "Tools/Internet Options" and reviewing your privacy settings or selecting "delete cookies". However please note that this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking "help" on your browser's menu or by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html, or feel free to contact us at email@example.com with any queries about cookies. We also gather this information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring Website usage and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you. No information obtained from cookies from which individual customers can be identified will be used by us for marketing purposes.
For further information from us on data protection and privacy or any requests concerning your personal information please write to Nine West UK c/o Kurt Geiger, 24 Britton Street, London EC1M 5UA SE1 3XF or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.